37 Hillhouse Ave.
P.O. Box 208264
New Haven, CT 06520-8264
Telephone: (203) 432-3547
Fax: (203) 432-6323
For AER-related matters please use: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant: Brooke Williams
Telephone: (203) 432-3560
· Trade and Informality in the Presence of Labor Market Frictions, with Rafael Dix-Carneiro, Costas Meghir and Gabriel Ulyssea, Jan. 2017, (NSF Award #1629124)
· The Effects of Trade Policy, with Nina Pavcnik, prepared for the Handbook of Commercial Policy, edited by K. Bagwell and R. Staiger, Jan. 2016.
· How Rigid are Producer Prices?, with Rebecca Hellerstein, Sept. 2011.
· Prices, Markups and Trade Reform, with Jan De Loecker, Amit Khandelwal and Nina Pavcnik, Econometrica, Vol.84, 2, March 2016, pp. 445-510.
Non-technical summary in Microeconomic Insights February 1, 2016: http://microeconomicinsights.org/prices-markups-and-trade-reform/
· Introduction to book on “Trade and Inequality”, edited by P. K. Goldberg, Edward Elgar Research Collections, May 2015.
· Firm Performance in a Global Market, with Jan De Loecker, The Annual Review of Economics, Vol. 6, Aug. 2014, pp. 201-227.
· A Structural Approach to Identifying the Sources of Local-Currency Price Stability, with Rebecca Hellerstein, Review of Economic Studies, Jan. 2013, 80(1), pp. 175-210.
· Imported Intermediate Inputs and Domestic Product Growth: Evidence from India, with A. Khandelwal, N. Pavcnik and P. Topalova, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 125(4), 2010, pp. 1727-67.
· Intellectual Property Rights Protection in Developing Countries: The Case of Pharmaceuticals, Journal of the European Economic Association, Volume 8, April-May 2010, pp. 326-53.
This is the published version of my Alfred Marshall Lecture delivered at the European Congress in Barcelona, August 2009.
· Multi-product Firms and Product Turnover in the Developing World: Evidence from India, with A. Khandelwal, N. Pavcnik and P. Topalova, Review of Economics and Statistics, 92(4), 2010, pp. 1042‐1049.
This paper is a shorter version of a paper that was circulated earlier and is now available as NBER Working Paper No. 14127. For more details on the data and estimation, you can also read the Web Appendix to this paper: Web Appendix
· Trade Liberalization and New Imported Inputs, with A. Khandelwal, N. Pavcnik and P. Topalova, American Economic Review, May 2009, pp. 494-50.
· A Structural Approach to Explaining Incomplete Exchange Rate Pass-through and Pricing-To-Market, with R. Hellerstein, American Economic Review, May 2008, pp. 423-29. Pre-publication version can be read here: Passthrough_Short
· Distributional Effects of Globalization in Developing Countries, with N. Pavcnik, Journal of Economic Literature, March 2007, 45(1), pp. 39-82.
· Estimating the Effects of Global Patent Protection in Pharmaceuticals: A Case Study of Quinolones in India, with S. Chaudhuri and P. Jia, American Economic Review, Dec. 2006.
o For the data and code used in this paper click here