For ordering information contact Princeton University Press or your local bookseller.
THE SUBPRIME SOLUTION
How Today's Global Financial Crisis Happened, and
What to Do about It
By Robert J. Shiller
Disclosure in the Mortgage-Backed Securities Markets," SEC
Staff Report, 2003.
- "The Southern Boom," Los Angeles Times, December 26, 1887,
- "Henry B. Steagall Tells How New Body Will Aid Business,"
New York Times, January 24, 1932, p. 26.
- "Unemployment Insurance," The Times, May 13, 1911, p. 11.
- Akerlof, George and Kranton Rachel, "The
Economics of Identity," Quarterly Journal of Economics
(2000), 115(3): 715-753.
- Allen, Frederick Lewis, Only
Yesterday: An informal Histroy of the 1920s, New York: Harper
and Brothers, 1931, p. 289.
- Bernanke, Bes S., Essays
on the Great Depression, Princeton, N.J.: Princeton
University Press, 2000.
- Bernanke, Ben S., "The
Economic Outlook," October 20, 2005.
- Benarnke, Ben S., "Reducing
Preventable Mortgage Foreclosures," speech at the Independent
Community Bankers of America Annual Convention, Orlando, Florida,
March 4, 2008.
- Bush, George W., "President's
Radio Address," August 6, 2005.
- de Soto, Hernando, The
Mystery of Capital: Why Capitalism Succeeds in the West and Fails
Almost Everywhere Else, New York: Basic Books, 2003.
- Friedman, Benjamin M., The Moral Consequences of Economic
Growth, New York:
Knopf, 2005, p. 159.
- Greenspan, Alan, The
Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World, New York: The
Penguin Press, 2007. 531 pp
- Greenspan, Alan, "We
Will Never Have a Perfect Model of Risk," Financial Times,
March 17, 2008, p. 9.
- Hoyt, Homer, One
Hundred Years of Land Values in Chicago, Chicago: University
of Chicago Libraries, 1933, p. 265.
- Keynes, John M., The Economic Consequences of
Peace, Cosimo, Inc.,
- Krugman, Paul, "The
Oil Nonbubble," New York Times, May 12, 2008, A19.
- Mayhew, Stewart, "The Impact of Derivatives on Cash Markets: What Have We
Learned?", Terry College of Business, University of Georgia,
February 3, 2000.
- Moss, David A., When
All Else Fails: Government as the Ultimate Risk Manager, Cambridge,
Mass.: Harvard University Press, 2002, p. 1.
- Oz, Amos, How
to Cure a Fanatic, Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University
Press, 2006, p. 79.
- Paulson Henry, Richard Steel, and David Nason,
"Blueprint for a Mordenized Financial Regulatory Structure,"
The U. S. Department of the Treasury, March 2008.
- Philippon Thomas and Reshef Ariell, "Skill
Based Financial Developement: Education, Wages and Occupations in the
U.S. Financial Sector," National Bureau of Economic Research
Working Paper No. 13437, September 2007.
- Sakolski, Aaron, The
Great American Land Bubble: The Amazing Story of Land-Grabbing,
Speculations, and Booms from Colonial Days to the Present Time,
New York: Harper and Brothers, 1932, p.1.
- Schumer Charles E. , "Opening
Statement," Joint Economic Committee Hearing, "Evolution of
an Economic Crisis? The Subprime Lending Disaster and the Threat to
the Broader Economy," September 19, 2007, p. 2
- Shiller, Robert J., Irrational
Exuberance, 2nd edition, Princeton, NJ: Princeton
University Press, 2005
- Shiller, Robert J., Macro
Markets: Creating Institutions for Managing Society's Largest
Economics Risks, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1993.
- Shiller, Robert J., The
New Financial Order: Risk in the 21st Century, Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2003.
- Sunstein, Cass Republic.com,
Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2001, p. 201.
- Taylor John B. and Williams John C., "A
Black Swan in the Money Market," Federal Reserve Bank of San
Francisco, April 2008.
- Thaler Richard and Benartzi Shlomo, "Save
More Tomorrow : Using Behavioral Economics to Increase Saving,"
of Political Economy (2004), 112(S1): S164-S187.
- Wolfe W. Beran, "Psychoanalyzing the Depression," Forum
and Century 87(4): 209-15, 1932.
- Chinese complex characters: China Times Publishing Company, Taiwan
- German: Campus Verlag, Germany
- Italian: Il Sole 24 Ore, Italy
- Japanese: Nikkei, Japan
- Korean: Min Media, Korea
- Spanish: Turner Publications Spain/Oceana Mexico
Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics and International Center
30 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, CT 06511 USA
Telephone (203) 432-3708 - Fax (203) 432-6167